Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will provide support to executive director and record keeping for Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center. The Administrative Assistant will process payroll, and monthly financials and will function as the main record keeper for Rhodes Grove ministry events. All functions will be performed within the stated mission and core values of Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center.
Strategic Vision and Direction
· Works with the Executive Director to plan for human resource, budget, and financial needs for Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center.
· Reports regularly to the Executive Director supplying statements of current financial position, reports illustrating outcomes of organizational operations, statistics to measure progress of organizational objectives, and other issues of concern to the Executive Director.
Operational Leadership and Administration
· Human Resource liaison, assisting the Executive Director by maintaining employee files, maintenance of employee benefits enrollment including Health Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Retirement, and monitoring PTO.
· Bookkeeping to include:
o Creates Monthly Financial Reports, Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow Statements.
o Provides support to the Executive Director during annual CPA review.
o Reconciles monthly bank statements, credit card statements, loan statements.
o Completes all payroll functions.
§ Bi-weekly payroll processing.
§ Monthly payroll tax Deposits.
§ Quarterly payroll tax filing of Federal, State, and local returns.
§ Annual payroll tax filing of Federal State and local reconciliations.
§ Annual creation and distribution of W-2s, 1099s and accompanying transmittals.
o Processes Bi-Weekly Accounts Payable.
o Processes weekly cash receipts.
· Processes registrations to ministry events of the camp
· Responsible for Summer Camp registration including, monthly camper counts, applying financial assistance, health records, release forms, nurse binder, allergy reporting to kitchen, communication with partnering churches and being present at registration.
· Answers phone calls in the absence of the Guest Services Coordinator.
· Provides day-to-day record keeping and oversight for donations of Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center.
· Provides written and verbal reports related to financials, camper numbers and ministry events to Executive Director a minimum of every month and when specifically requested.
· Responsible for maintenance and updates of basic website content.
· Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
· Must identify with and support the mission, core values and Christian beliefs of the Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center.
· Must have a command of basic accounting skills.
· Must have previous exposure to payroll processing.
· Must have advanced computer skills with working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with staff members, Advisory Board members, regulatory agencies, donors, conference leaders, and campers of all ages.
· Must be able to work in environment that requires bending, standing in place and lifting up to 50lbs.
· Must pass Background Checks and Child Abuse Clearances.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation.